Web Page Builder|web Page Design

Web Page Builder|web Page Design System Military web page says ‘do not go near’ after ‘dozens’ killed in attack

Military web page says ‘do not go near’ after ‘dozens’ killed in attack



Posted August 26, 2020 09:18:18Military website in the Philippines has been forced to remove the controversial statement that “do not try to go near” after “dozens” of people were killed and more than 30 wounded in a military attack on the Philippines’ southern city of Marawi.

The statement by a military spokesperson that went viral on social media on Wednesday afternoon has been removed, citing concerns about offending Muslims.

“We cannot and will not insult Islam in any way, we will not use the word ‘do’.

It is disrespectful and a crime against humanity,” said the military’s spokesman Brigadier General Delfin Santos.

The website, MilitaryWeb.com, is a Filipino military website that is part of the military website, the Armed Forces of the Philippines.

In an online statement, Military Web said the website was “fully aware of the negative impact of the statements made by some in the Filipino community regarding the Marawi Massacre”.

“We sincerely apologize for this unfortunate mistake,” the statement said.

“The statements were made without the prior knowledge of the staff, and we regret that the public has been made to feel that we are insensitive and insensitive towards Muslims in the military.”

I apologize for any harm caused to our troops and our families,” the website added.

It was unclear what led to the removal of the statement.

In a statement posted on the website, Santos also said the statement had been “misconstrued” and apologised for the “misunderstanding”.”

In this instance, I sincerely apologize to the Filipinos for the miscommunication of the issue with the military and apologize for the confusion created by the misinterpretation of the text,” he said.

Marawi is a predominantly Muslim city in the south-western Philippines.

The Philippine military says the assault, which began on Wednesday and has killed more than 70 people, was launched by an “illegal armed group” after police fired at the group in an attempt to prevent them from attacking a military base.

A video circulating on social networks on Wednesday showed civilians in a neighbourhood of the city, in a civilian area, with their faces covered, surrounded by heavily armed soldiers and police.

The Philippines has a long history of ethnic and religious clashes, with several cities, especially in Mindanao, being the scene of fierce fighting.

Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte has vowed to “kill them all” in Marawi, a Muslim-majority region of the country.

Duterte has vowed not to let up and has been blamed for a surge in ethnic violence.

He has also called for Muslims to convert to Christianity in an effort to restore peace.

TopBack to Top